Download Green Pass in Italy if you do not have a tax code or health card. STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
At the moment, for foreigners in Italy without a European green pass there is a big problem:
Downloading the green pass after the swab test done at one of Italian municipal pharmacies, without having an Italian tax code (codice fiscale), or health card (tessera sanitaria), or italian digital identity (SPID), is almost impossible! At least in the pharmacy they will tell you so.
But I correct myself: it is possible. However, it is really difficult and cumbersome, and in the pharmacy they will not be able to do it, so you have to do it yourself. I discovered the way to download the green pass for foreigners (I had to find out this after a thousand attempts, as I had to give Green Pass to my father, who came to meet me from Belarus in these days – he’s vaccinated, but with Sputnik not being recognized here in Italy) and I want to share it with you, step by step.
Hope it will be useful for someone! DO NOT DEMORALIZE yourself, you will be able to get the blessed italian green pass too!
I. DOWNLOAD GREEN PASS WITHOUT ITALIAN HEALTH CARD - INSTRUCTIONS
Here’s what you need to do:
1) when you make a covid test, it is important to correctly communicate your MOBILE NUMBER to whoever registers you:
PLEASE NOTE: if your mobile number is a foreign one, it would be better to communicate the Italian number of some of your friends – this is to make sure that the AUTHCODE or CUN/NRFE/NUCG code arrives you correctly by SMS – there is a risk that the to foreign number it will not arrive)
2) once you have received an SMS with AUTHCODE (12 letter code) or CUN/NRFE/NUCG code, go to the site:
3) Choose “user without health card or vaccinated abroad” – “utente senza tessera sanitaria o vaccinato all’estero”
4) Fill in the fields:
Type of document ( Tipologia documento ) –-> passport (passaporto), driving license (patente), id card (carta d’identità) or other (altro)…
Document number – (Numero documento)
Code type (Tipo codice): choose between AUTHCODE/CUN/NRFE/NUCG
Identification code(Codice identificativo): write the code received
Choose language … (Scegliere lingua) – italian+english ( italiano / inglese)
And enter the security code below.
5) DOWNLOAD CERTIFICATION (“Recupera Certificazione“)- if you managed to get it here – GOOD! If they write instead that “The certification is not available….” in italian “La certificazione non è disponibile. Il codice identificativo inserito potrebbe non essere quello associato al documento indicato o gli estremi del documento potrebbero essere errati“, QUIET, look at point 6.
6) Fill in all the fields again as in point 4, but instead of choosing “passport” or “driving license” or “identity card”, choose “other document” (altro documento) (even if you may have provided a passport, or driving license or id card, in this case you have anyway to choose “other document” option to make it work). Then, under the “document number” write normally the number of the passport / driving license / other document you provided.
GOT GREEN PASS!
NOW IT SHOULD WORK !!! Write me in the comments if you succeeded in this.
P.S. Sometimes, it does not let you download the green pass, if you already had a green pass, and the previous one is still valid. So to download the new one, you have to wait until the old one completely expires (I am talking about those lasting 48 or 72 hours, depending on the type of test – rapid or not), and try again as described above.
Hello! Does the same work to validate a vaccination certificate from outside EU?
I am not sure, i am afraid that it doesn’t… Hope you managed to do it anyway in some other way!!
Hi, thanks for the info! I have dual citizenship, I’m entering Italy with EU passport but my vaccine certificates are issued under my other passport (which is neither my origin country). Which passport should I write in the field? Hope you can help me with this doubt 🙂
I think it’s better to indicate a passport number on which is registered your vaccination!